Monday, February 8, 2010

MITTE

76 Michael St, Fitzroy North

A girlfriend of mine who lives in Fitzroy North recommended this place to me. It’s got a reputation as one of the best breakfast places in Melbourne. So one hot Sunday afternoon we headed down for brunch. Mitte is small, so there was a bit of a wait, but it was definitely worth it.
Since I heard Mitte is famous for having some of the best poached eggs around, I opted for the poached egg with smoked salmon. Oh my GOD it was delicious! The organic, free range eggs were poached to perfection, atop wholegrain Dench bakery bread, with just the right amount of runny yolk inside. The smoked salmon came with a lovely salad with apple, fennel and a dill mayonnaise. My friends ordered the omelette which looked great, although I think it could have been a little rich for me.


Staff at Mitte were young, cool, quirky and friendly. The coffee is good and they have a nice selection of freshly squeezed juices and home made lemonades and other refreshments. It’s no wonder this place is always packed, particularly considering its location – it’s bang on for Fitzroy. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment