Sunday, August 29, 2010

TEMPERANCE HOTEL

426 Chapel St
Melbourne VIC 3000

The Temperance used to be my local (ie closest pub to my place of residence, not pub I went to all the time – that was the Flying Duck) when I first moved to town, and was it not located in a hotspot of unfettered boganity (that end of Chapel St and in close proximity to a very busy Ed Hardy store) it mightn’t be a bad place. Unfortunately due to aforementioned location I can’t possibly vouch for the clientele.



Having said that though, the Temperance does good food, has a nice layout and is great for people watching. I also love the stiletto staircase. The drinks are overpriced, but hey, the pub is located on Chapel St. What would you expect. The music they play is usually pretty rank Ministry of Sound type stuff (or even worse, a cover band that play Ministry of Sound type stuff) so make sure you are either so drunk you don’t notice or sitting outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment