Wednesday, September 8, 2010

ATTICA

74 Glen Eira Rd, Ripponlean VIC 3185

So I have this gourmand friend, called N. N has been raving about Attica ever since I have known him. It was on my list for a while, and then when it got a guernsey on the S. Pellegrino top 100 restaurants in the world, I was even more keen to get down to Elsternwick and check it out.



Unassuming and unpretentious, Attica was amazing. It is one of the things that makes me love Melbourne so much. There is such a broad range of top-notch eateries to choose from, and there’s no risk of ever getting bored.


So again I was dining with the lovely ladies L & B, we opted for the 5 course tasting menu. There was a vegetarian version of the menu too which was great. And WOW. Attica really is in a league all of its own. Each dish was without a doubt one of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten in my life. The texture, taste, presentation was all perfect.


Unfortunately I lost my photos from this outing, but the snow crab was a delight, as was the bass groper. “A simple dish of a potato cooked in the earth it was grown” was incredible. I know, it’s just a potato, but it’s the best potato you’ll ever eat in your life! And the dessert of apple, olive and warm shredded wheat OMFG one of the best desserts ever. And everything on the menu was different, I’d never seen anything like these dishes anywhere else in Melbourne. This place really is a cut above the rest.


The staff were friendly, very enthusiastic, and in line with the current trend were keen to elaborately describe the dishes, which as you know I’m not too keen on, but meh, whatever. Don’t let my issues detract from this restaurant’s greatness though! Book a trip to Attica immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment