Tuesday, May 18, 2010

EUROPEAN BIER CAFÉ

120 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph (03) 9663 1222

You know I am constantly baffled as to why any person under 40 (or 25, which most of the patrons of the European Bier Café are) would want to dance around to a cover band playing “Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again” or “Run to Paradise”! Did I suddenly teleport to the Bridgeway Hotel? Oh that’s right of course I didn’t, because bogans like eccies and David Guetta now and the Bridgeway has hard house nights…


Anyway I digress…you know when you’re having a bit of a night out, and you’ve already gone to a few places, but you feel like a dance but you’re not sure what to, and you move from place to place, and then you get to that point where you accept you’re just not going to arrive at the magical cool place you envision in your mind and decide to just go with the flow and have a good time? Well that’s what was going through my mind when I ended up at the European. Yes they had a cover band, the cover band played terrible music (they played one Hives song to show how ‘edgy’ and ‘alternative’ they were) and there were loads of very drunk people there (members of my group included) but meh, everyone was having fun. And you don’t want to be the too-cool-for-school person pouting in the corner because you don’t usually ‘do’ cover bands and ‘this isn’t my kind of place.’ No one likes that person!


The European also has really good drink specials. All night! So that alone is enough for a boozehag thumbs up, because maintaining my addiction isn’t cheap you know! Also it takes a lot to get kicked out of here…you can fall over on the dance floor whilst trying to sexy dance, fall over on the dance floor doing air guitar to the cover band, fall over on the dance floor pashing someone, just don’t pretend you’re going to wee off the balcony. THAT will get you kicked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment