Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SAN CHOI

352 Chapel Street, South Yarra VIC 3141

Ph (03 9826 9933)

I walked past San Choi a thousand times before I actually went in there. It is open late, and I found myself there around midnight one Saturday night after a movie and a few drinks. You know that stage when you realise you forgot to have dinner and you’re half pissed and need to eat something right now before you crash and burn? That’s how we were when we ended up at San Choi.







The menu is quite extensive and our tipsy brains were struggling to make a decision. Luckily our waiter was super-awesome and was able to make some solid suggestions based on the vague statements we had made regarding our needs. Our food came out quickly and tasted good. We had some prawn toast, chinese broccoli (I am obsessed with it) a chicken dish and some spicy squid. All were good – the squid was my favourite. Reasonable prices as well, and that waiter really was very good. He was really good at his job and didn’t seem to mind at all that he was serving drunk white people late on a Saturday night. I’d like to go back and check it out again for a proper dinner, rather than a stomach liner!

1 comment:

  1. You were probably the 20th group of drunk whities that night given the Chapel St locale, you were just too drunk to notice. :-)

    ReplyDelete