Tuesday, April 13, 2010

MOVIDA

1 Hosier lane, Melbourne
Ph (03) 9663 3038

So I get a bit of shit when I blog about a place and don’t put photos up. But it seems when I eat out with these two lovely ladies I’m having such a fabulous time I forget all about my little ‘project’ and leave the camera in my handbag.Entonces, Movida. This was my second time there and I had enjoyed the first visit a lot, so was looking forward to part II. And I wasn’t disappointed. The food was great and the service could not be faulted. We started off with some of those (are they Ortiz?) anchovies with tomato sorbet. YUM. We also had olives, barramundi, grilled octopus and valencian salad. I loved them all! The barramundi was delicious, and that salad is lovely. I’m not usually a fan of mixing sweet with savoury but I love the taste of the orange mixed in with the olives and fennel.
And the churros, ohhhhh, the churros. Best churros in Melbourne - hands down. And I would know; I am a bit of a churro-slut. They were so good. My friend B had never had them before and I am so glad she had Movida’s churros as her first ever!


We stuck to sangria as our drinks, and it was nice, but it didn’t seem very strong (or is that just because I am a boozehag and it takes vats of the stuff to bring me down?). I liked Matador’s better. Other than that, go Movida. They’ve found their niche in the market and are killing it. It’s tempting to take a bit of a stab at them, being tall poppies and all that, but they are good. Our bill was only around $50 each too, which was much less than what I was expecting. Although we definitely didn’t pig out, but I think most people know that if you are going to Movida you aren’t going to get huge quantities of food. It’s a less-is-more kind of place. If you go in with that attitude, you’ll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment