Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SHARK FIN HOUSE

131 Little Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph (03) 9663 1555


I just got back from a lovely brunch with two girlfriends at Shark Fin House. I can’t believe I had never been there before!! It was so good! As far as Yum Cha goes, the food was excellent and there was a great variety of dishes to choose from. I am supposed to be at the gym now working it off, but I decided I was too behind on the blog to exercise!! The dumplings were superb, the prawn toast was excellent, the chinese broccoli was nice, but the best thing EVER was the sago pudding – Oh my GOD! I had never had it before; because I don’t really have much of a sweet tooth I usually fill up on savouries at Yum Cha and skip the desserts. I was about to do the same today, but decided to have a taste of the Sago pudding before the girls finished it off, because they were raving about how tasty it was. I had basically just finished my little monologue about not having a sweet tooth, blah, blah, blah when I had a taste of the pudding and it was so good my eyes almost popped out of my head with excitement! Then I proceeded to scoff the rest of the pudding, much to the amusement of the girls!! We decided to get another one to share because one third each wasn’t enough!!


A few people have said to me that the service is pretty bad, but I found it to be OK. You shouldn’t expect silver service at Yum Cha; it’s all part of the experience. There was always a trolley coming around to our table, and I even got a couple of smiles out of our waitress. They had a lot of staff working the floor; all in all I thought it was a very tight operation considering they have three floors to manage! I definitely recommend this place and will be going back again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Paulie and I went to Shark Fin House when we were dating and had our first holiday together. We haven't been back, but we keep meaning to. Perhaps we should do yum cha there some time. :)

    ReplyDelete