Tuesday, March 9, 2010

LAKSA KING

Shop 3, 320 Racecourse Road, Kensington, VIC 3031

Ph (03) 9372 6383



Recently I was complaining to a friend that I had not yet found a laksa that is comparable to, or even in the same solar system as the laksa from Chinatown café in Adelaide. This friend told me that I had to try Laksa King, as they did the best Laksas in Melbourne. A big call, but I was keen to check it out! So on a Wednesday night went to Kensington and dragged a group of mates with me.

Well I’m happy to say it definitely was the best laksa I’ve had since I’ve been in Melbourne! The soup was pretty good, I liked the combination of vermicelli and egg noodles, and they didn’t skimp on the seafood either. There was also a good amount of tofu and eggplant in the dish. Some friends got the vegetarian version which looked great too. It was a Wednesday night and the place was packed, there were people waiting for tables and a huge crowd getting take away too.

How does it compare to Chinatown café? Well I am definitely biased since I’ve been a Chinatown café devotee for about 11 years now, so I still like Chinatown café better, but Laksa King is a close second. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment