Tuesday, November 2, 2010

FIFTEEN

Basement, 115-117 Collins St
Melbourne VIC 3000

Well I have to say Fifteen has been the biggest disappointment of the year. I’ve been lucky enough to visit some great restaurants this year, and was really looking forward to eating there, as I’ve always been a big fan of Jamie Oliver, loved the concept of helping disadvantaged kids get ahead and the menu online also looked great.


The main thing that let this place down was the service. I don’t know if it was just our waiter, but he was terrible. Had clearly been hired for his looks and not his ability to wait tables! Getting anything at all out of this man (water, ordering food, more wine etc) was a challenge. And for a restaurant of that calibre we shouldn’t have even had to ask for anything.

My food was nice – nice, not great. My friend L had the risotto and it was foul. Probably one of the worst I’ve ever eaten! Gluggy rice, and no flavour whatsoever (except salt flavour). There’s no way the chef tasted it before it went out, no one in their right mind would have served that. And risotto is something I can make quite well at home myself, so there’s absolutely no excuse for doing it badly in a restaurant! It’s usually a safe bet for the same reason.

Give Fifteen a miss – there are loads of other, better places to choose from.


No comments:

Post a Comment